Best Foods to Help Prevent Hair Loss
While many factors are at work in determining whether we suffer hair loss, we can improve our odds of having a full, healthy looking head of hair by eating the right foods. Several foods contain nutrients that are very good for our hair and support healthy hair growth.
Foods rich in iron support healthy hair growth, since iron helps red blood cells carry oxygen to the hair follicles. Spinach and chicken are two great sources of iron, but there are others. When you eat iron rich foods, you should try to eat fruits or vegetables rich in vitamin C, because this will help to increase the absorption of iron.
Another great food for healthy hair is oysters. Oysters contain a lot of zinc, which supports the cell division required for healthy hair growth.
Sweet potatoes, carrots and other orange vegetables contain high amounts of beta-carotene. Once in you body, beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A. Vitamin A helps to regulate cell production and turnover, which is essential to healthy hair growth.
It's also important to get enough protein in your diet. Eggs are a great source of protein, helping to support hair growth and strength. Eggs also provide zinc, iron and B vitamins, which support healthy hair growth cycles.
Salmon is also great for your hair, since it contains omega 3-fatty acids, protein, iron and B vitamins. All of these work together to keep your hair healthy and looking its best.
New Hair Loss Articles
- Vitamins Prevent Hair Loss
- The Different Types of Hair Loss
- Stress is Causing Hair Loss in Many Women
- Tight Turbans Causing Hair Loss in Sikh Men
- How Hair Loss Changes Behavior
- Best Foods to Help Prevent Hair Loss
- Genetic Test for Hair Loss
- Hair Loss Treatment Options for Women
- Do Lasers Work for Regrowing Hair?
- Which Hair Loss Solutions are the Most Effective?