Drinking Water Helps Lose Weight
A recent study found that middle-aged and older adults who drank 2 glasses of water before each meal, consumed fewer calories and lost more weight than their counterparts who did not drink water before their meals.
Two groups of overweight and obese adults aged between 55 and 75 were formed for the study. One group was told to follow a low-fat low-calorie diet and the other was told to follow the same diet but to drink two cups of water before each meal.
At the end of 12 weeks, the study found that those who drank water before their meals lost an average of 15.5 pounds, compared to the 11 pound loss for their counterparts, which is almost a 30% difference.
The researchers followed up the subjects after 1 year, and those who continued to drink water before their meals not only kept their weight off but continued to lose a bit more, around 1.5 pounds on average. Researchers warn that the pre-meal water drinking may only work for middle-aged and older people as a similar study that involved those aged 18 - 35 did not show weight loss or lower calorie intake.
New Weight Loss Articles
- Drinking Water Helps Lose Weight
- Using Your Mind to Help You Lose Weight
- Moderate Weight Loss in the Obese Improves Heart Health
- The Perfect 10 Diet for Weight Loss
- Dramatic Weight Loss Diet
- Man Dies After Weight Loss Surgery
- Consumer Advocacy Group Wants Weight Loss Drug Banned
- Best Foods for Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Surgery