The Different Types of Hair Loss
Most people lose 50 to 100 hairs in an average day. However, since there are about 100,000 hairs in a typical scalp, this does not cause noticeable thinning.
If hair loss occurs along with redness or scaling or if there are patches of excessive hair loss or the hair loss is accelerating then you should consult a doctor.
Hair loss can be the result of alopecia, which causes coin shaped hair loss. This is an autoimmune disease.
Hair loss can also be caused by telogen effluvium, which changes the hair growth cycle. This is brough on by stress or sudden weight loss, nutritional deficiencies or metabolic problems. It can also be caused by pregnancy.
The most common cause of hair loss is pattern baldness, which causes the time of growth to shorten and hairs to be rooted less securely. Heredity is the main cause of this type of hair loss.
Most hair loss can be treated. It is important to consult a physician to determine what type of hair loss you have and how best to treat it.
New Hair Loss Articles
- Vitamins Prevent Hair Loss
- The Different Types of Hair Loss
- Stress is Causing Hair Loss in Many Women
- Tight Turbans Causing Hair Loss in Sikh Men
- How Hair Loss Changes Behavior
- Best Foods to Help Prevent Hair Loss
- Genetic Test for Hair Loss
- Hair Loss Treatment Options for Women
- Do Lasers Work for Regrowing Hair?
- Which Hair Loss Solutions are the Most Effective?