Vitamin D Can Relieve Back Pain
Getting some sun may help to alleviate back pain. Researchers have found that many chronic back pain sufferers have a deficiency of vitamin D, which is readily available from direct exposure of the skin to sun.
Pain Treatment Topics has released a report that found that vitamin D is important for natural muscle pain relief, especially when the pain is not due to an injury, disease, or bone problem. The study the report was based on showed that 95 percent of back pain patients who received sufficient levels of vitamin D for three months displayed fewer symptoms. The pain was either reduced significantly, or disappeared completely.
The study also found that a vitamin D deficiency can lead to a softening of bone surfaces which results in pain. This often happens in the lower back. The researchers say this is why people experience more aches and pains in the winter when they get less sunlight exposure.
It is now suggested that extra vitamin D be taken during the winter. In addition to direct sunlight, vitamin D can be found in foods such as milk, eggs, tuna, and fortified breakfast cereals.
New Pain Relief Articles
- Inadequate Pain Relief For Many Chronic Pain Sufferers
- Brazilian Mint is an Effective Pain Reliever
- Why Redheads May Need More Anasthesia to Prevent Pain
- New Research Sheds Light on How Placebos Work
- Opiate-based Painkillers Can Increase the Risk of Cancer
- Vitamin D Can Relieve Back Pain
- Water and Chocolate Can Relieve Pain
- Are Opioids the Best Way to Manage Pain?
- Best Treatment for Joint Pain in the Thumb or Hip?