Waterpipe Smoking May be More Harmful than Cigarettes
A new study led by a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher shows that tobacco smoked through a waterpipe is just as harmful as smoking cigarettes. This proves that the idea that waterpipes are safer to smoke from is wrong.
The findings are important, because many believe that they are safer by using a waterpipe. In fact, the study showed that waterpipe smoking leads to inhaling more smoke and carbon monoxide.
This study should make it clear to anyone who smokes using a waterpipe that it is no safer than cigarettes, and may in fact be even more dangerous.
New Smoking Articles
- Nicotine Linked To Breast Cancer
- Cigarette Package Warnings May Encourage Smoking
- Waterpipe Smoking May be More Harmful than Cigarettes
- Two Smoking Cessation Drugs Come with Mental Health Risks
- Weight Control While Quitting Smoking is a Good Idea
- Smoking Vaccine Could Help People Quit
- Smoking Increases the Risk of Seizures
- Is the Nicotine Patch Safe for Long Term Use?
- Nicotine Gums and Lozenges May Increase the Risk of Mouth Cancer
- Why Quit Smoking?